TCC & Associates, Inc. (TCC) is a flexible, responsive and detail-oriented civil engineering firm in Portland, Oregon, with 30+ years of experience and expertise in civil site and street design. As a small business, we enjoy solving challenging engineering problems to improve how we live both today and in our future. For this reason, the firm’s motto is: “Designing the Future”. We also have a reputation for delivering projects on time for our private and public clients. Afterall, “Doing it right the first time’ is one of my favorite mantras,” says Edmund Tawiah, principal of the 11-year-old firm.
Our expertise in site and street design projects benefits our clients: developers, government agencies, architects, builders and property owners. From project inception through all development phases –including planning, surveying, design, permitting, and preliminary and construction engineering –we offer long-term value, within budget.
OUR SERVICE AREAS:
• Streets & Roadways
• Light Rail - related Urban Site Improvements
• Water Transmission and Wastewater
• Utility Analysis and Design
• Drainage, Stormwater Hydrology
& Hydraulic Studies & Water Quality
• Bridge Hydraulics & Scour Analysis
• Residential, Commercial and Industrial Site Development
• Topographic & Boundary Surveys
• Land Title Surveys
• Partitions & Plats
• Mapping & Legal Descriptions
• Construction Staking
• Construction Specifications & Construction Management
• Construction Cost & Development Fee Estimates
• Site Development Analysis
• Conceptual Subdivision Land Planning
• Utility Studies and Assessment
• Oregon DBE, MBE and ESB #5373
• Washington #D3M9320608.
TCC completed an emergency street improvements project at the Rose Quarter district on schedule and on budget.
We were thrilled to redesign a public space where pedestrians can enjoy walking safely in a previously broken pedestrian corridor of unsafe sidewalks, tree wells and ramps.
TCC contributed to the Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail project as a sub-consultant for David Evans & Associates and CH2M-Hill.
We worked collaboratively in a multi-discipline design team environment, successfully delivering components of the project from preliminary to final engineering in the following areas:
• Roadway Design: driveways, track crossings,
street swale and utilities (sewer, water relocation)
• Stormwater Facility: rail drainage, utilities
• Deconstruction, Removal and Relocation plans
• Plans and Specifications and Cost Estimating
TCC worked with Parson Brinckerhoff (PB) as a DBE sub-consultant on the Ruby Junction Rail Yard Expansion project.
TriMet’s Ruby Junction is the command center for bus and rail traffic throughout the region. The rail yard is the oldest in the region and has been operated by TriMet since the 1980s.
TCC worked in a multi-discipline team to deliver quality services in street improvements, utilities, rail crossing, and stormwater and topographic surveying.
The Sunrise Corridor is located at US Hwy 224/OR 212 to I-205.
TCC provided construction surveying services on this project – the construction of a 2.4-mile freeway with bridges and interchanges in Clackamas County, Oregon.
The overall goal of this project was to reduce congestion, increase safety, and enhance economic development opportunities and freight mobility.